Wednesday, August 22, 2018

K I N D E R G A R T E N !

  The day we've talked about for 5 years has arrived, and it got here quicker than we ever expected.. my stomach was in knots the night before Kindergarten which is when I got all of my tears out so I didn't do it the day of.. and I didn't. I couldn't believe it.. we walked them in, said our goodbyes, and let them go. JD made the joke before going in of "i'm not going to look at you, or even say a word" HA because last year for pre-k, I was okay until he looked at me right after dropping them off and saying something about them not being in the car with us. that was it.. I sat there and sobbed for a good 20 minutes or so. this year I was prepared, and much stronger the day we dropped them off. No matter what age they are though, I will always have a weak stomach letting them go out into this crazy world without us protecting them at all times from so much evil in this world.
ANYWAY.. all about their big day..
We've talked to the girls about going to "big kid" school for so long, it just doesn't seem possible they are five years old already and already half way through their first week of school. Between us talking about how fun Kindergarten is plus sending them to pre-k when they were four, it helped so much. The closer it got, the more nervous Kaylee was.. the girls have done a complete personality switch on us. Kylee has always been my home body, shy, and never leaving our side for long without crying or wondering when we were picking her back up. She has shocked us since starting school, she hasn't showed us that she is scared or nervous once, but our wild, outgoing, major people person has gone shy on us when starting school. We did good with no tears, but you could tell Kaylee was nervous up until the first day when we walked in and she saw other kids in her class and a few from last year. She perked right up and hugged me goodbye like it was no big deal. They come home daily telling us what they did in class all day, and right now they're just learning all of the rules for the school and getting use to their new school and classmates.. their favorite thing next to recess & lunch is their special classes (gym, library, computer, and art). They did not get into class without anyone from their class last year.. those who did follow them over to this new school are actually in the class across the hall. however, they do get to play with them on the playground, and I told them they'll make new friends also.

It's Wednesday so we're half way through the first week of school already, and due to major flooding we had our first 2 hour delay of the year. I'm so excited to see how much they learn, and grow this school year. I remember walking into our bedroom at 2 am telling JD something isn't right.. let's get to the hospital.. and that was five years ago. It's a bittersweet feeling because as much as I miss them being little, I love watching them grow, and seeing the smart, beautiful ladies they're turning into. I get excited for every new beginning in their life, and this is just the start of the rest of their lives.
Holy cow.. is it time for baby #3 yet? ;) 
#thebabyfeverissomethingserious







and just like that..... they are Kindergarteners.




stay tuned for an update on these big girls and see just how much they've changed since being in Pre-k

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brantley - 3 Months

3 Months. 3 whole months of loving on you sweet boy. I never knew I could love any harder  than the first time I became a Momma, but I...