Thursday, February 25, 2016

Part 31 in the life of Kylee & Kaylee.


February 1st.
It started out with a bang.. right to the chin as I talked about in my last blog. Since that night all they talk about is doctors and hospitals, if they get a scratch "oh no, I gotta go to da hospital"
or "I need a sticker" aka a band-aid. 
Their baby dolls have been to the hospital more than I have my whole life.

This month has been fun, butso beyond challenging.
We are at the point of figuring out which discipline works best for each one of them.
Kaylee hates time-out and Kylee hates a tap to the butt.
Kaylee usually has to be talked to in order for her to even think about standing still in time-out as to where Kylee will stand there and not move until we tell her it's okay to come out. These two are two of the same but at the same time completely different children. Kaylee is very strong willed and Kylee is the easiest going child but has an attitude like you wouldn't even imagine. They keep us on our toes, if it's quiet we always wonder what they are into.. usually "they" meaning Kaylee with Kylee just watching until she hears me coming down the hallway and she suddenly runs out telling on her sister. Tattle-tailing is real in this house hold with that little girl, still. Kaylee doesn't have a chance of getting by with anything as long as Kylee is watching.
Fighting is also real in this household like you wouldn't believe and when I say fighting, I mean it. It's a full blown cat fight and nobody can stop them until one is crying. Sometimes it takes JD helping me to get these two to stop fighting but if someone else hurts one of them or if one just gets hurt on their own, you'll never hear the end of it. "is sissy okay?"
"oh no, sissy hurt"
"sissy crying"
"awww sissy sad"
 
So, with all of the negative comes a ton of positive. We're constantly reminding ourselves they are two. They are learning, although they can be very difficult.. they are very fun to be around and very intelligent which leads me to learning. They learn fast and remember every little detail. These two are still talking about the lake from last Summer, Santa Clause from December, & things that happened two weeks ago. I love this stage they are at, I feel like I have little teenagers on my hands at times. Some of the things they say still just blow me away daily. These two speak full blown sentences, always telling a story and although at times Kylee is so hard to understand because she talks super fast, it is still the cutest thing I've ever heard. 
 
With that being said here are some funny things they say;
"what's up duuuude?"
"what da world?"
"what da heck is you doin?"
"mommy, you have to pee? Don't pee you self"
"I did (whatever) last week"
"we go to tawget?" (Target)
"oh, you get you coffee at stawbucks? (starbucks)
"thanks babe"
"wook at my butt" (as Kaylee turns around & shakes her butt)
"no, I not go to bed, I just wake up" (every night excuse)
"dis is cute" 
"you wike dat food, momma?" (that's how you know they want a bite)
 "ew go hide, dats creepy" (when something comes on the tv they don't like)
 
That's a few things.. they keep us laughing non-stop because they come up with something new every single day and we're always so thrown off by it. These two are so smart and learning things I haven't even taught them.. I was picking up toys the other day and Kylee says to me "dat's a triangle mom"
oh.. yep, sure is. How in the world did she learn that? I can only assume Team Umizoomi, Mickey Mouse, or Paw Patrol.. Don't ask me. We were in the grocery store the other day and this time Kaylee looks up at the sign above the registers that tell which number you're at and she says to me
"those are numbers"  and they can do the same with shapes too. These two can point out what a number is and what a shape is. It blows me away with how smart they are at 2 and a half years old.
I'm so proud of them no matter how much they love to challenge me every day.

Playtime; 
Baby dolls. Pretend play. Playing doctor. Coloring. (Mess free) Painting. Learning. Puzzles. Movies. Cartoons on T.V. Hide and Seek, & chasing each other through the house.
Typical toddler stuff.

Eating;
This has changed majorly.. They ask me to eat 24/7.. seriously. This use to be a huge issue with Kaylee.. She is still a little picky but it's gotten better. Her problem is, she would rather be playing or staying busy than sitting down to eat. If you put food in front of Kylee, she won't budge. That girl loves her meals, as to where Kaylee loves to eat here and there, only a few bites then she's ready to go play until she asks me to eat again which I'm okay with as long as she eats through out the day. 
 
Some favorite foods;  
Corndogs, Hotdogs, French Fries, Pasta, Home made tomato or potato soup,
Chicken nuggets, Pizza being there absolute favorite I believe, and home made meatloaf. They are pretty good at trying new things now which we are thankful for because it use to be like pulling teeth with them at dinner time. For dinner they now get nothing more than water to drink because they will chug anything else.. Water always makes them eat more food instead of focusing on their drink the whole time. They are guzzle guts if you let them be, that's from their daddy.. for sure.
Snack are their favorite.. If you mention the "S" word, you better be prepared to be bugged until they get their fruit, gummies, or cookies.
Kylee loves fruit, Kaylee likes it but would choose sweets over fruit any day.
 
 
 These two babes are complete opposites of what we all predicted. We (as in JD, me, & our family)
always thought Kaylee would be our prissy, hate to get dirty, always inside watching TV, princess loving type of girl... WRONG. Kaylee wants nothing more than to be outside running around, loves sports of all kinds already, although she LOVES make-up, she is kinda the most girliest tomboy I've ever met. She loves getting dressed to go places, she loves wearing headbands, and she loves to be involved while I'm doing my makeup. Kylee, on the other hand, doesn't care to be outside as much, has never showed any interest in sports like Kaylee does, she loves dress up clothes, loves headbands too, loves pretend jewelry, & is the prissiest little girl in the world. She walks around with a strut, which is the cutest/funniest thing I've ever seen. They blew our minds with such a dramatic change and I'm sure it'll flip on us again in a few months.  I love who they are, I love that they are two different people because even though they are twins, they are not the same person in any way, shape, or form. Kylee looks like JD, but acts just like me. She is my guts all around except for looks.. Kaylee looks just like me but acts nothing like me.. She is 100% her daddy in all that she does and how she acts. It's amazing watching these two grow and change.. becoming their own little person. Turning three is right around the corner and I cannot wait to see what that year holds for them.

Girls, we love you both more than anything in the world, we wouldn't change who you are no matter how many times in a day we are going insane due to the temper tantrums, the screaming, the fighting, the attitudes.. because no matter how far over the edge we are pushed we always remind ourselves how you two are changing, you two are learning just as we are with every stage in life you hit. I hope you always stay the same two happy little girls that love life and always making someone laugh. You make Mommy, Daddy, & all of your family so proud. We are so thankful to have two of you to love on, to spoil, and watch grow together. I pray you never separate, and you always have each other along with the twin bond you have now. We love you more than life and couldn't ask for two better kids to drive us absolutely bonkers but make us so beyond happy. <3
Love, Mommy & Daddy.


Thirty - one Months; 
 















 My birthday fell on SuperBowl Sunday so went to Viva & then over to his Aunt & Uncle's house for some more food that evening & ice cream cake.
23 is looking good.







 Valentines Day looked like this.
Grocery store. cici's pizza.
any type of pizza place is my type of date.








- x0x0 Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brantley - 3 Months

3 Months. 3 whole months of loving on you sweet boy. I never knew I could love any harder  than the first time I became a Momma, but I...