Saturday, February 6, 2016

Two little monkeys jumping on the bed..







 the calm before the fall..

... one fell off and bumped her chin. No more monkeys jumping on the bed? probably so but so far they have learned their lesson and haven't tried to jump on their beds since Kylee went to the hospital. Monday evening (when JD just got to work, of course) around 6:30 pm, the girls were jumping on the bed until Kylee fell off, hitting her chin on her bed frame.. I was on the phone with my mom when I heard the fall & then the cries from their room.. I walk in, not seeing any blood or even anything wrong until she looked up and was holding her chin.. as soon as she moved her hands, the blood was everywhere so I immediately panicked by telling my mom she needs to get here because it is worse than I thought. She gets here, along with her sister n law who use to be an EMT, we decide to go to CVS for butterfly stitches because it stopped bleeding, and didn't seem so deep like we first thought.. until I went in to check on her around 8:00 when she was sleeping, I sent a picture to one of our good friends who is going to school for nursing & when he made the call of "get her to the hospital before it gets infected or scars over badly" because it was bleeding through and onto her jammies.. we headed straight to Winchester ER.. He showed up here with my best friend aka his fiance' so her and I could take Kylee in while he stayed behind with Kaylee because of course, JD is always at work when something goes wrong.. it never fails, ever. Let's not forget, not only did I not have the car seats, we had to use Baylee's car which had her nieces car seat in it.. (she's the girls age) we also had to go to JD's workplace because my purse with the insurance cards were in our car.. Finally, we made it to the hospital to only be waiting for about 2 hours in the waiting room.. & another 2-3 hours in the back of the ER while waiting on the Dr to come stitch her up. Let's also not forget to mention the amount of time it took for them to get my girls in the system because neither girls files were in their computer which means there is absolutely no record of them being born there OR of Kylee spending two weeks in the NICU.. crazy! Anyway, Kylee did absolutely amazing, she cried over the big light in her face.. that's it. Oh, & when the nurse moved her bed, that freaked her out because she thought she was leaving me & Baylee. They were amazed with how well Kylee did.. she could see the needle but chose to just lay there watching the Doctor as he stitched her up. Finally, we get to go home around 3:30 am.. She stayed awake the whole way home, & has been talking to her sister about the hospital & remembers everything they did to her too.. Needless to say, now when one gets hurt even just a little bit, they say "mom, we need to go to da hospital" I keep telling Kaylee how it isn't a good place to be at but she isn't convinced since sissy makes it sound like an adventure plus she got sent home with a "bracelet" so to them that's the coolest place ever.

6:30pm
 7:00pm

8:00pm

9:20 pm
11:30pm (we got here at 10:30)
12:20 am
12:43 am

 12:45 am
12:50 am
 1:11 am (numbing it)


2:28 am
 3:24 am

Finally, we made it home thinking the worst was over.. everything was going great until Wednesday morning.. she woke up at 8 am throwing up all over her floor, finally we made it to the bathroom only spending the next hour in there because she couldn't even keep a drink down. I called the doctor, they finally called me back saying it's possibly a virus she picked up at the ER.. but here we are on Saturday and everyone is healthy. Kaylee was drinking after her no matter how many times we told her to stop because she was going to end up sick.. she would sneak by us and grab her sisters drink yet she never got sick.. ever. Weird, or is it just me?? JD and I did not get sick either and we cleaned up puke many times through out the day.. We are talking to them Monday morning when we go in bright and early about the medicine they shot into her chin.. We are thinking it either had side effects nobody told us about, or she was allergic? We will find out Monday and let everyone know what really caused her sickness.

 Our plans to head out for the day turned into Kaylee & daddy going out & about while Mommy & Kylee stayed behind.. that was weird for all four of us.. The girls did not like it. JD said the whole time Kaylee kept asking for her sissy, while I was at home with Kylee while she watched out the window the majority of the time asking for Kaylee.. we all 4 do everything together as you can tell.
 this was kylee waiting for her sister.. she was so sick but so concerned about not going with Kaylee..
Oh, & Sarge refused to leave her side ever since the night she fell.

Since the girls kept asking for one another, we let them Facetime before Kylee went down for a nap.
 The whole time Kylee was sick, Kaylee either got on her nerves by asking her "wanna play with me?" all day long or they were loved up together because they missed each other so much since this is all Kylee wanted to do.



 Her bed for the night until we felt like the throwing up was long gone.


Finally, we are allll better and I know two little girls who couldn't be happier to have one another again, but who am I kidding? They were fighting the minute she was able to play with toys again. 





Tomorrow is my birthday so I'm glad we are all better and can enjoy each others [[healthy]] company & not spend it at the hospital or doctors office. Can I get an Amen?! Lol!

Have a great weekend!  
- Brooke x0xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Brantley - 3 Months

3 Months. 3 whole months of loving on you sweet boy. I never knew I could love any harder  than the first time I became a Momma, but I...